Google Adsense Ads

Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Following the Trend and Falling After

Remember when CAL or Calata Corporation first offered their stocks to the public?  I wasn't given the opportunity to be able to buy their first offering.  Thinking at that time, it's not really going to make it that big.  Boy!  Did it made the headlines.  Day after it went public, price per share soared and soared day after day.  And day after day I saw it soaring, I told myself it won't soar that high, and oh but it did!  Then I told myself,  if I could have bought it at a particular price even if it's soaring; I could have earned a lot by now.  Still it went up to its peak of  P24.00 per share.  Then came the decline, I thought this was the best opportunity to buy it while it's going down.  I bought a thousand and more at P16.48.  And boy I was wrong,  the declined went rapidly as fast as it went up, that I couldn't catch up with it anymore.  Still I told myself that maybe patience will earn me something this time, so I waited for 5 whole months waiting for it to go up once again.  But it never did.

Finally, wanting to just get part of my money I sold my shares at P6.22.  Loosing almost 3/4ths of my investments.  It was a tear jerking experience.  What I meagerly gained from my blue chips stocks I lost it and more here.  It was a real nightmare. 

Hope none of you did the plunge with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment