Google Adsense Ads

Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, May 16, 2013

My First Taste of Playing Stocks Online

The first stocks I bought with my meager resources was ALI or Ayala Land Inc.  Of course, being my first time I want to be sure that I invested on a blue chip stock so that I'll be sure to earn a lot.  At that time, stocks were at its lowest.  I bought a thousand stocks at  P19.48, thinking that after a few days I'd earn a hefty sum of money.  Of course it doesn't happen that way.  Put into account the small amount of stocks I bought even after a month that the stocks went up a little I didn't earn that much.  I got impatient and sold it earning a few thousand pesos.  If I could have hold on until now, I could have almost doubled my money the fact that ALI is at it highest now at  P34.50. 

Another blue chip stocks I bought was MEG or Megaworld Corporation.  At the time I bought it, it was at  P1.95 per share.  With the snail pace of the price going up, I got impatient again and sold it two months after; earning only a thousand pesos and a little more.  Again if I could have hold on until now, I could have gained a hundred percent and a bit more with the rate at  P4.06 and up.

Of course, if you think about it; with only a few bucks to spare what would you do?  Sitting there and looking at your stocks day by day not improving at all, desperation would start to sink in.  Well, guess what, I got desperate.  Who would have known it would reach it's peak right now?  Of course it was already forcasted at that time, that blue chips stocks will rise soon.  But when?  After a year?  And what stocks?  There are so many factors to look into.  With my layman way of understanding stocks, that's how I got myself into this result.

Maybe some of you took a different turn otherwise.  Lucky you then! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment